Initial Response Incident Commaner (IRIC) Course
Instructed by: Paul Anderson
May 1, 2021 0800-1700 & May 2, 2021 0800-1200
Cochise County Regional Dispatch Center
1728 Paseo San Luis
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
Topics Included are:
• Initial Response Overview
• The Initial Report: Using the Lost Person Questionnaire, Initial Note
• Documenting the Initial Response: ICS 201 and Initial Response Organizer
• Determining Search Urgency
• Investigation: Gathering Planning and Searching Data, Managing information and clues
• Using Lost Person Behavior
• Developing Incident Objectives
• Conducting a Scenario Analysis and Developing Incident Strategy
• Implementing the Initial Response: Tactics and Resources
• Transitioning to the Incident Management Team
The target audience for this class is new SAR Coordinators or other SAR incident leaders and Patrol Supervisors who may be directing search operations during the initial response.
There is a $37.25 fee for the course and students or agencies are responsible for meals, lodging, and travel expenses.
Students need to have a copy and have read the Initial Response Incident Commander Wilderness Search text prior to the course. Students also need a Windows laptop computer with WinCASIE, ICS-SAR, and Clue Manager installed, power cord, extension cord, and note taking supplies. Listed computer programs are available for free at on this site under software. A link will be sent to registered students with the Initial Response Incident Commander textbook and the Initial Response Organizer software at least two weeks prior to the start of the course.
Register at https://www.rsvpbook.com/IRIC2021 by 1700 on April 22, 2021. The class size is limited to 20 students. It is recommended that students bring and wear a facemask to mitigate any COVID-19 spread.
SARCON 2021 - Cancelled
Due to the venue being closed for the year, SARCON 2021 has been pushed to May 2022.